On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:
>
> > These are *your* answer these questions. I disagree with your conclusion
> on
> > #2, for reasons outlined.
>
> Let's not get personal here...

(Please don't force me to read every single post in this mailing list. I
have a puppy that needs most of my attention -- it shouldn't all go to
moderating the mailing list :) )

> 4. Why not agree to use another service for this data other than OSM?
> Or conversely, why not use an existing dataset other than OSM, which
> already contains neighborhoods, such as the Flickr dataset?

Yes please! It's my opinion that OSM is not the place for subjective stuff
like borders and admin_areas, especially neighborhood boundaries. David
Blackman and Nathaniel Kelso et al. have worked tirelessly on building
tools to make border polygons and tools around them. Let's use those tools
for this sort of stuff and use the resulting shapes when rendering OSM data.