On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 01:19:10 PM Clifford Snow wrote:

I think that Ian is correct that Nominatim is failing to find the address
because of the CDP boundary. But does that make Nominatim wrong or the admin
boundary?

My expectation is that Nominatim would use the CDP (or the city region it's
located in) if there is no addr:city, and either
     1. would allow either the CDP and addr:city when addr:city is present, or
     2. use only the addr:city if it is present.
The first option would account for the case where the addr:city is incorrect
(for whatever reason), but someone searching for the address could either use
addr:city or the CDP name.
--
Saikrishna Arcot