On 2014-06-11 09:09, Clifford Snow wrote:
I can not search for an address in part of unincorporated King County,
WA when using the postal city.

Fails - 7732 234th Place Northeast, Redmond, WA

The search works when omitting the postal city. The search returns the
CDP, Union Hill-Novelty Hill at the correct location.

Passes - 7732 234th Place Northeast, WA

The building is tagged as follows:
addr:city=Redmond
addr:housenumber=7732
addr:street=234th Place Northeast
addr:postcode=98053
name=7732

Is this a problem with nominatim or the CDP boundary?

I'm resigned to the idea that Nominatim only gives reverse absolute paths, not addresses. I've mapped many residential and retail developments with named landuses, so Nominatim now gives results like:

3, Highridge Circle, Stoneybrook, Loveland, Hamilton, Ohio, 45140, United States
<http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=42703202>

(where Stoneybrook is a named landuse=residential)

The tagging is correct, but Nominatim is a tad too aggressive in this case. Its behavior probably makes sense for rural, poorly mapped areas, but not for built-up, well-mapped ones.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us