On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My expectation is that Nominatim would use the CDP (or the city region
> it's located in) if there is no addr:city, and either
>
>    1. would allow either the CDP and addr:city when addr:city is present,
>    or
>    2. use only the addr:city if it is present.
>
> The first option would account for the case where the addr:city is
> incorrect (for whatever reason), but someone searching for the address
> could either use addr:city or the CDP name.

The CDP boundary seems to override the addr:city. The addr:city tag is just
the mailing address tag since the node is outside of the city limits. From
reading the documentation of Nominatim, I thought that the addr tags would
be the first choice. That's why I wonder if the problem is Nominatim.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us