On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Peter Dobratz <pe...@dobratz.us> wrote:

> I agree with the sentiment in this wiki page that I quoted here.  I think
> that if there is only 1 POI that occupies the building, then that is best
> indicated by putting the tags for the POI on the building polygon.  If you
> just have a Node for the POI, then you are not saying anything about the
> size of the business, and you are not saying anything about whether there
> are multiple businesses occupying the same building.
>
> Though there are often different entities that own the building and the
> business in the building, I think for OSM we are much more concerned with
> information about the business
>
> If the business closes or moves, then just delete any tags related to the
> business (shop, phone, website, etc), but keep the building and addr tags.
> When a new business comes in, add tags as appropriate for that business.

Generally I agree with adding the business name to the building polygon.
But what do you do when a single business operates in a "named" building?
My choice is to preserve the building name on the polygon and add the
business as a node within the building polygon.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us