On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Peter Dobratz <pe...@dobratz.us> wrote:
> Luckily, I saved a link to all of these bus routes on a wiki page as it's
> impossible to download a relation with zero members (unless you happen to
> know the ID):
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portland,_Oregon/Transit_Route_Relations

Please let me know if you need additional help with the relationships.
It is unclear to me if this issue has been resolved or not.

You have done the hard work.  You have a handy list of relations.
I've been thinking of creating such lists for other highways and what
not.
If you don't want to hack and whack on an xml file, then you can also
do something like this.
1. ) Select the relation number that you are interested in and copy it
from your wiki page, control c.
     The only downside to your wiki page is that you used a name and
did not directly expose the relation number.
2..) In Josm menu bar>File>Down object...
3.) The dialog will show with the relation number already filled in.
4.) Pick any of the check box options in the dialog. You will have to
experiment depending on what you are mapping at the time.
     a.) Since you need to work with different layers pick
the"Separate layer" check box.
     b.) Uncheck the other two check boxes:  "Download referrers
(parent relations)" and "Download relation members".
5.) Next click the Download Object button.
6.) Another layer can be used to download the current state with the
steps above.
     Inside the relation editor is a "Download incomplete members"
button.  Use this to download all the ways or nodes in a relationship.
     Of course this is great for working on extending and existing
relationship.   I don't know if it will help you repair these
relationships.
    I thought that I'd throw this out there for others.

These are the rules that I use when I am extending a relationship.
1.) You have to be careful because you cannot delete. The way or way
nodes may be connected to other parts of the map.
2.) In some node moves, you will have to download more data before
moving nodes.  That way you see other ways attached to the nodes.
3.) Deleting nodes also requires more data.  You have to see the whole
context with additional downloads of data.

Regards,
Greg