Hi all,

MapRoulette has been completely redone, hopefully keeping the good parts and
improving on some things that were not so great. I’m pretty excited to announce
that I have a public beta up now at http://maproulette.org:8080
<http://maproulette.org:8080/>. I am very much looking forward to your
feedback. Old MapRoulette will be around for a month or so more, then we will
switch over. Some more details below. Let me know what you think, or if you
want to help out!

Map on,
Martijn

Some resources
Mailing List: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/maproulette/
<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/maproulette/> (low volume)
Slack: maproulette.slack.com <http://maproulette.slack.com/>
Code: https://github.com/maproulette/ <https://github.com/maproulette/>
API: https://github.com/maproulette/maproulette2/blob/master/docs/api.md
<https://github.com/maproulette/maproulette2/blob/master/docs/api.md>

Major changes / improvements are
* Much improved metrics (this part particularly under heavy development and
feedback welcome)
* Challenges now grouped in Projects that can be managed by multiple users
* Project / Challenge administration now fully integrated in the user interface
* Survey challenges let you ask questions about things with multiple choice
answers
* Tasks can have tags for another layer of organization
* Challenge search and discovery through a one box search (still very early,
more to come here and feedback welcome)
* API is more consistent and more RESTful
* Due to new challenge model, there is no backward compatibility with the old
API
* Switching to API keys, no more tunneling / ease
* Back end now completely written in Scala
* Deployment fully automated through Docker