On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:28 AM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:

> Thanks Steven.
> Interesting those TIGER deserts still around, isn’t it. I found quite a
> few myself. On Slack we have been discussing how to specifically detect
> them in a way that could make them into good MapRoulette challenges. If you
> have any ideas on how that could be accomplished let me know!
>
> On May 27, 2016, at 4:27 PM, Steven Johnson <sejohns...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Martijn & all,
> This is just an awesome tool and it keeps getting better. A happy
> by-product of this: I'm finding this particular challenge useful in
> cleaning up road misalignments left over from the 2008 import of TIGER. So
> great to see this re-deployed.

I am forever grateful to both of you for this, since I routinely come
across major TIGER deserts where I'm primarily concerned; sometimes in
major cities.  I'd be curious how to get a potential Maproulette project
involved for some of the more trivial issues I'm seeing (the railway
crossing issue has been fantastically simple, even if the difference
between railway=crossing and railway=level_crossing isn't, by the way).

I'd be curious if there's a way to deal with gamifying other attributes of
the TIGER import, since a huge number of ways in OKC are split, which,
contrary to the TIGER import's intentions, seem to be stifling
contributions, since we have far more contributors in Tulsa and Stillwater
(and then, probably largely due to university outreach, given that's a
college city) and even many small towns across Oklahoma and Kansas (without
having, AFAICT, any GIS-dependant fields in the area) have more active
contributors than the deafening silence from OKC metro.  Thankfully, the
lanes Maproulette seems to have not been a factor in Oklahoma County as
much as elsewhere, but it still seems the fact that the TIGER import
contained a high number of improperly divided major thoroughfares is a
barrier to entry in metro OKC.