Hi,

On 19.03.2018 01:08, Jordan Brod wrote:
> I went looking for any information printed in guidelines or code of
> conduct about advertising in the attributes of a feature and I couldn't
> find where it is approved/prohibited or even mentioned.  Does anybody
> know where the rule against this is?

Firstly, many rules in OSM are not written down. Just because there's no
policy that says "don't do X" doesn't mean that X is welcome in OSM, or
that someone who got their X deleted has a legitimate basis for a complaint.

The current situation with written rules is that
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:description
says "Never use description=* to add advertising messages.", and
more generally our "How We Map" rules
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_We_Map) say that what you add
must be truthful and verifiable, both of which is rarely the case for
advertising.

Bye
Frederik