On 9/28/20 12:39 PM, Jack Burke wrote:

>         Related: if it's I-## or I-###, shouldn't it be a highway=motorway,
>         period? (Unless those, for some reason, are ever *not* freeways?)

in the lower 48, most of the time an Interstate designation is a
motorway. but there can be exceptions. and in Alaska and Hawaii, the
roads have to be examined on a case by case basis. congress choose to
give those two states latitude so they could get funds from the program
even though they were unlikely to actually build real "motorways".

richard
--
rwe...@averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux