Hi,

This happens to me also with windows 10 and Alt-Cntrl  W does not bring
it back I have to reboot everytime.
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:14:18 -0500 Reeva Webb via Talk
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com> writes:
> [...]
> nor does
> > it make the sounds it makes when w e has actually crashed. usually
> when i
> > shut down.
> > this doesn't happen with narrator or nvda.
> > with wlm many times when replying to a message i will lose speech
> until i
> > make sure the composition window is maximized, which is almost
> never. maybe
> > if the w e app is still around to automatically maximize the
> window this
> > would stop? i haven't checked yet. i stopped useing it several
> years ago
> > because there are some of my programs that don't work as well when
> they are
> > maximized.
> >

> > -----Original Message----- From: Michael Massey via Talk
> > Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 7:26 AM
> > To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
> > Subject: Sudden loss of speech
> >
> > Hi.  I am sending this message to the list in case anyone else has
> run into
> > this problem.  I am not complaining; I am merely explaining what
> happened
> > while I was going through my e-mail.
> >

> > I have two Dell computers and they're both running Windows 10 and
> > Window-eyes 9.2.
> >

> > Earlier this morning, I was checking my e-mail on my Dell Xps-501
> laptop.
> > After I opened the third e-mail in Outlook 2013 and started
> reading it
> > using
> > ctrl-shift-r, speech suddenly stopped.  I pressed the ctrl-alt-w
> hotkey
> > three times to launch Window-eyes 9.2.  The startup sound would
> play, but
> > speech would not come up.  I rebooted the machine hoping for an
> error
> > report
> > and there wasn't one.
> >

> > Having said all of this, this brings me to ask these questions.
> How can
> > speech suddenly stop and not generate an error report?  If no
> error report
> > is generated for Ai Squared engineers to look at, how can the
> problem of
> > sudden loss of speech be tracked down? If Ai Squared can find a
> way to fix
> > this problem, I'm all ears, smile.
> >

> > This doesn't happen often, so I must admit I never thought I'd be
> one of
> > those list members mentioning this issue.  I guess this is one of
> those
> > moments where there's a first time for everything, smile. My
> primary
> > computer is a Dell Xps-8500 desktop running Outlook 2013 as well.
> >

> > Mike M.

> > Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
> the
> > author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared.

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40co
mcast.net
> > .
> > For subscription options, visit
> > http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com
> > List archives can be found at
> > http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com
> > Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
> the
> > author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared.
> >
> > For membership options, visit

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/jadedangelp
romises%40gmail.com
> > .
> > For subscription options, visit
> > http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com
> > List archives can be found at
> > http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

> List archives can be found at

No Branches = Great Rates
High Yield CDs & Savings Accounts. 24/7 helpful customer service.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5606d19ec38e1519e5a0dst03vuc