Hi all,
I've been working on getting the base map in place in my rural community,
now I'd like to get new contributors filling in the details with tag
amenities etc.

I started working on a 'Put your community on The Map' poster, but my
artistic skill are that artistic, which I think would be an effective
tool.

> It took me a while to develop a mapping style. I tried riding blocks by
> bicycle, but that's not very enticing to me. Now I follow some cycle
> routes and map all the side streets/paths I encounter. This results in
> quite a lot of 'stumps', but I'm sure somebody else or myself later on
> will pick up where I left off, wiki style.

I think that these stumps are a good idea, particularly in rural Canada
where it's extremely unlikely that all of the range/township roads are
ever going to get driven.

Just whizzing past them on the highway and taking a shot of the sign to
label the stub would be a good job for the co-driver. These stubs can then
be traced from aerial maps.

Cheers,
Mungewell.