In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Edoardo Marascalchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [disclaimer mode on]
> i'm sorry for my bad english, i'm italian and i never attended english
> classes...
> [disclaimer mode off]

Your English is fine, and certainly better than my Italian.

> Can i ask for the n-th time to have enabled the wiki Special:newusers
> plugin and to modify the welcome message to the newly registered users
> at the www website to please him to register on the wiki too and to add
> to their user page the Geographical categories?

First up, if you want something like that done a ticket in trac is
more like to get noticed than a message on the mailing list. More to
the point it certainly won't be forgotten about.

More importantly, you need to tell me exactly what I need to do
as I know nothing about mediawiki. So tell me where I gave to go
to get this plugin and what I have to do with it to install it
and it's much more likely to happen than if you just make a
vague request.

As far as changing the main website goes, a patch will go a long
way, or add a ticket in trac and somebody will hopefully get a
chance to look at it.

> Right now is quite easy to find new user edits in Italy just because we
> are "blank", but in context like London or Nederlands, new users could
> be newer noticed and aproached.

Well hopefully they will set their home location and then they will
show up on the "nearby users" list for other people in the area.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/