On 13/03/2008 11:09, Andy Robinson (blackadder) wrote:
> Edorado, I am of the same view. We have fast approaching 30,000 registered
> users and only a small number of those regularly contribute to the project.
> Encouraging and helping more to do so should be an aim of the project.
>
> However it is not easy to contact new users if they wish to remain in the
> background. ...

One thing I am considering putting into JOSM is a "message of the day"
facility, so that we can let people who aren't on the mailing lists know
that there are important changes.

The same could be done in Potlatch.

These two are the key points of contact for pretty much everyone who is
contributing at least something.

David