[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
> Hi all,
> I've been working on getting the base map in place in my rural community,
> now I'd like to get new contributors filling in the details with tag
> amenities etc.
>
> I started working on a 'Put your community on The Map' poster, but my
> artistic skill are that artistic, which I think would be an effective
> tool.
>

>> It took me a while to develop a mapping style. I tried riding blocks by
>> bicycle, but that's not very enticing to me. Now I follow some cycle
>> routes and map all the side streets/paths I encounter. This results in
>> quite a lot of 'stumps', but I'm sure somebody else or myself later on
>> will pick up where I left off, wiki style.
>>

> I think that these stumps are a good idea, particularly in rural Canada
> where it's extremely unlikely that all of the range/township roads are
> ever going to get driven.
>
> Just whizzing past them on the highway and taking a shot of the sign to
> label the stub would be a good job for the co-driver. These stubs can then
> be traced from aerial maps.

In fact I got myself a Bluetooth keyboard. If I can't stand still and
take pictures up close (like I do when riding the bicycle, they are no
good). This keyboard allows me to use the bus or when riding with
somebody else for mapping purposes. Of course it helps that I can type
with all 10 fingers.

Polyglot