Dave Stubbs wrote:

> it's faster to just let it use swap,

I I/O load hits my server pretty hard.  Trying to do anything else while
that's happening is quite painful. :-/

Doing it without the heavy I/O load is preferable, even if it takes a
couple of days - it can just trundle away in the background.

> Personally I now have 8GB RAM so don't care so much as long as the
> memory requirements stay below 4GB (it's only on a 32bit OS).

Physically I have enough memory, but it is allocated to other virtual
machines.  One option might be for me to juggle the memory allocations
between the VMs when doing an import.

--

  - Steve
    xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/