On Thursday 24 April 2008, Lester Caine wrote:
> I just look at the Relations page and see lots of 'Proposed' ...
>
> At the end of the day 'is_in' IS a relation so we are probably
> actually talking about the same thing, but there is a lot of 'talk'
> but no practical examples of actually using 'Relations' - at least
> none I have found yet?

Relations are quite abundant already, the cycle routes are probably the
most advanced by now.

I've started the page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Bus_and_tram_lines

for Belgian tram and bus lines to give the tags and thought about this
tagging scheme for halts:

(note that "terminus" is the word we use for the turning point of buses
or trams, I don't know the proper English word)

* Give one terminus a role in the relation like "terminus_1", the other
terminus on the other side of the line is "terminus_2"
* The halts along the way get roles like "halt_to_1" or "halt_to_2"
depending on which terminus they go to
* Halts in both directions just get a "halt" role

Obviously, it's not perfect yet, I guess somewhere in the world there
will be some circular lines for example, with no terminus.

Anyway, just brainstorming here to finally come up with a proper
solution. Anyone with other ideas?

Ben