D Tucny skrev:
> 2008/8/12 Tim Waters (chippy) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Very cool! Been panning around, is it just Beijing? No Isle of Man? ;)
>>

> Looks like it's just Beijing... I'd guess due to the lack of Yahoo map
> coverage and the current large interest in Beijing... for some reason ;)

Someone from the OSMF presscontact division ( Hi SteveC :P) should
really make a pressrelease about the symbiotic relationship between
Yahoo and OSM coming full circle - OSM was allowed to use the sat
imagery Yahoo maps displayed, and now Yahoo benefits from being able to
display OSM maps on their Flickr photosite worldmap.
This time, don't /. it, but send the pressrelease to CNN and similar
"Old Media" companies. Remember to tell in the pressrelease, that
Beijing isn't the only area where OSM has more and better data, than
commercial geoproviders... Cyprus, IoM etc are good examples to mention.

If others can capitalize on the Olympic Games mediainterest, why
shouldn't we also ?

Dutch