De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] en nombre de elvin ibbotson
Enviado el: mar 07/10/2008 9:28
Para: Steve Coast
CC: Talk Openstreetmap
Asunto: Re: [OSM-talk] map display www.openstreetmap.org

        From: SteveC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Date: 2 October 2008 22:51:14 BDT
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Cc: talk@openstreetmap.org
        Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] map display www.openstreetmap.org
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/>

        On 1 Oct 2008, at 11:01, Ulf Mehlig wrote:

                Hello Frederik, thanks for your answer. The coordinate display
at
                www.informationfreeway.org is what I was looking for. Wouldn't
it be
                possible to integrate this function into the main OpenStreetMap
site? I
                think this would definitely improve the attractiveness of the
map
                display (even more, if degree-minute-second based coordinates
would
                appear, too -- for many people, the decimal coordinates are not
what
                they're used to).

        Just demonstrably not true. Most people don't know what co-ordinates
are or care that they don't know. It would just clutter the map and make us
look less usable.

        Best

Steve,

It looks like fakeSteveC or someone is pretending to be you and posting
elitist, patronising, condescending rubbish in an apparent attempt to make you
look foolish. I look forward to it being demonstrated that 'most people don't
know what coordinates are'.

elvin ibbotson