On Friday 17 October 2008, Tristan Scott wrote:
> righto; votes cleared. proposal modified. new vote set in a week's
> time.
>
> I'm not keen on the enforcement direction being forwards and
> backwards. I can think of examples:
> * Common mobile station on a bridge - on a way which has no relation
> to the direction of enforcement

I thought one would tag nodes on the highway where it's enforced, not
the location of the devices themselves? I don't think it's easy to
unambiguously make the connection of a speed camera on top of a bridge
(which would then be tagged as a node of the bridge I guess?) with the
highway below where the speed is enforced?

> * On a crossroads/traffic signals (red light camera) where two ways
> cross, in which case forwards and backwards are meaningless (two or
> more ways share the node)

But so would N/E/S/W be if two roads cross at sharp angles and both
roads would be in the N sector for example. A third method is needed...

> * Off a carriageway on a node covering one or more ways (where
> direction is important but not given by a way)

Haven't seen any cases where the same camera covers both directions of a
dual carriageway, but if it happens somewhere, why not just add two
nodes on each side?

Ben