Hi,

Tom Hughes wrote:
> I'm not hard to find... I'm also not the right person to create mailing
> lists now though ;-) You want Mike Collinson for that.

Good to know, I've been sending people your way all the time ;-)

> Is this PD thing actually OSM though, or something outside of/parallel
> to OSM?

Totally unclear. I believe it could well be an integral part of OSM but
it could also sit outside. Like so many other things.

> I don't quite understand at the moment how to whole thing is
> intended to work to be honest.

Totally unclear as well. I always thought we might have a restricted
mirror that always has a current copy of OSM minus everything ever
touched by someone with a viral license; others think it might be better
to have people explicitly drop off their data at the PD repository
before (or while) uploading to OSM.

There is clearly a lot of demand for discussion, with one possible
outcome certainly being that it is impossible to work with OSM in any
way and you have to create a separate universe. But nonetheless I'd like
to keep close ties between OSM and "OSM/PD" as I'd like to call it for
now. A separate mailing list makes sense because otherwise people will
constantly mix up the "proper OSM licensing process" with the PD spin-off.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"