Hi,

Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> I like this idea of having country specific presets in the editors instead of
> having renderers to be country sprecific.

The editor presets can be stored in a local file. They can even come
from a http URL. So it would only need someone in each country to make a
preset file and put it on a publicly accessible server, and then people
who want to use that just configure their JOSM accordingly.

JOSM was very much designed as a "customizable" editor; styles, icons,
presets, all that can be changed and exchanged by everyone without
having to have the faintest idea about Java. Sadly, almost nobody makes
use of this!

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"