On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM, sylvain letuffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> highway=pedestrian ; bicycle=yes/no => see [[Country specific default
>> values]]

Well, the wiki page didn't exist - it was just an idea/suggestion ...

> World-wide only defaults and no country defaults will simply not work:

If you don't have a country specific default then your application
will use the worl-wide default.

Back to the example, highway=pedestrian is by default not allowed for
bicycles (bicycle=no).
This can be documented in the wiki page Tag:highway=pedestrian. If
later, we see that many, many countries allows bicycles on pedestrian
highways then we might decide to change the world-wide default as
'bicycle=yes' and the few countries where it's not allowed should
appear in the page [[Country specific default values]].

Pieren