On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM, OJ W <ojwli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>
> wrote:
>> 2. People who don't like ODbL and withdraw their data. _Assuming_ we can get
>> the bugs sorted in ODbL, and we can't take that for granted yet, this
>> percentage should be very small.

It's very confusing now about who, how and what is deleted with the
license change. I would appreciate if someone could answer the
following questions:
- do you delete only data from contributors who explicitly say 'no' to
the new licence or also if you have no response ? what is the argument
to consider an absence of response to be a 'yes' or 'no' ?
- do you delete data from big contributors only or also all small or
single contributions ?
- if you decide to delete contributions and those contributions are
only part of the history of objects, do you rollback  to a previous
version of these objects ? remove completely the objects if the
contributor is the creator or the last modifier ? only if the
contributor is the single contributor on the whole history of the
object ?
- if the objects you delete are part of a relation, do you keep the
relation at the end even if all members have to be deleted ? or you
also delete the relation in this case ? what happen if another
contributor (who accepted the new license) added/changed properties of
a relation where all members have to be deleted ?
- if someone says 'no' to the new license and wrote a bot, do you also
delete the bot contributions ?
- after deletion, do you keep the trace in the history of other
related objects ? will it be possible for someone else to revert the
deletion through Potlatch for instance ?

Pieren