MP wrote:
> We have now tool to convert OSM data to garmin format (Mkgmap).
> The tool is opensource. Garmin can do routing (at least I assume it can,
> I don't posses any garmin devices or software myself) and is closed
> source. Would the new license make mkgmap unusable/illegal with
> odbl'd data?

No. Not at all.

I don't know where this idea is coming from. ODbL does _not_ insist that the
data can only be accessed by open-source programs or in open formats.

A couple of people appear to have suggested that _their_ ideal licence would
require this; but given that a) they haven't actually proposed such a
licence, b) nor have they argued for the easy and obvious step of
browser-sniffing to prevent IE/Safari/Opera users from using osm.org (well,
exactly), I suggest said suggestions are politely ignored until they do.

cheers
Richard