Frederik Ramm schrieb:

>> then it emerges that this was an intentional change requested by the OSM
>> Foundation.
>
> I haven't seen this emerging anywhere. (In fact, the OSM foundation,
> represented by their board of directors, seems to have been remarkably
> un-involved as we have heard from 80n who serves on the board.)

True. Re-reading the message at
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/odc-discuss/2009-March/000026.html, the
change request is attributed to the Foundation's lawyer, not to the
Foundation itself.

However, it is described as "an effort to simplify some of the licensing
issues around being able to use a database to produce a work when
using other sources", and not as an accident.