On 26/03/2009 09:29, Mike Harris wrote:
> Richard
>
> Thanks for this ... very helpful - a few comments -
>
> 1. Path:  I would prefer to use highway=footway for a path that has
> (almost always illegally) not been reinstated across a ploughed field IF

I think by trying to switch the interpretation of the highway=... tags
from an objective recording of what the signs say to a subjective one of
some personal measure of "suitability" you are undermining the work
that's been done one the map so far.

If you want to include subjective value judgements, I really think you
should do that in tags invented for the purpose, not undermine the
existing ones.

David