Map Features says that highway=cycleway should be used for ways that are
mainly/exclusively for bicycles. Does that mean that all those cycleways in
the Netherlands have (implicit) footways alongside, or that there are so few
pedestrians that the way can be regarded as "mainly" for bicycles, or that
they tag them as cycleways even though there are a fair number of
pedestrians?

(As for having a show of hands in a pub - that may be one way to exclude
David's view - but I'd rather reach consensus)

Richard (West Oxford)