I'm experimenting with adding house numbering for the first time (and
using the address interpolation plugin).

One common case I came across was 25, 25A, 25B, ...

I wonder whether addr:interpolation=alphabetic could include this case
(in essence when the first node has no letter, the second would be A,
the next B and so on up to the explicit final one, rather than always
starting on a letter - though that existing case isn't excluded of
course). It doesn't need any change other than in how it is documented.
The JOSM plugin could easily support this too.

Where it's just 25 and 25A (usually a house that's been built in a gap)
it hardly matters, but I found them 3, 4 and 5 in a row like this.

David