>> So I should remove:
>> addr:city = Osijek
>> addr:country = Croatia
>> addr:postcode = 31000
>> addr:street = Starigradska
>>
>> from way and put it back on nodes?

Imo, yes, you should put all those details onto the objects that carry
addr:housenumber (either nodes or building outlines). That's the method
intended by the documentation and I don't see a good reason for not
sticking to it in this case.

Brian Quinion wrote:
> However there are
> plenty of cases where people have used it as I suggested because it
> makes sense

It does not make much sense to add information to a temporary construct
(interpolation way) that will be replaced with individual tags on each
building outline in the long term anyway.

> and any one implementing reading OSM data for addresses
> will have to deal with both

I think an evaluator can ignore addr:street on interpolation ways - with
documentation and tools (such as JOSM presets) supporting consistent
tagging you will be able to extract most data this way. Unless, of
course, enough people prevent consistent tagging by denying its possibility.

Tobias Knerr