Hi all,

(I'm the dork who wrote the dorky machine tag post.)

Just a quick note to say:

1) We're thrilled people like OSM machine tag stuff. I would love to
hear suggestions and wish lists. I won't promise anything, here, but the
entire thing did start with Frankie's wacky suggestion.

2) It's building=yes because that's what OSM feature list says:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dyes

If building=1,true,kittens are all valid then we can support those too.
As it stands building={UserDefined} points to the building=yes page.

Like the post said, we're not going to be able to support every facet of
the OSM tagging set and some things may need to be simplified or
abstracted but otherwise our only concern is just having a reference for
what's out there and the general consensus on what it means. We can turn
the knobs and tweak things as we go.

(Also, to the person who's wondering why their railway=station machine
tags still say "feature" that's the part where I forgot to submit
translations for "this is a train station". They'll be back soon. Oops...)

Cheers,