Jonathan Bennett schrieb:
> Russ Nelson wrote:
>> On the other side you have mappers who want to create useful data, not
>> a pile of random rubbish.
>
> No-one wants to create random rubbish. What people do want is to be able
> to describe what they've just mapped without needing prior approval from
> the OpenStreetMap Tagging Standardisation Committee.

Yes: "No-one wants to create random rubbish. What people do want is to
be able to describe what they've just mapped ..."

No: "... without needing prior approval from the OpenStreetMap Tagging
Standardisation Committee."

All of the people I've talked to here in my area would love to see a
tagging scheme to be able to map the stuff they see on the ground. They
wouldn't care less where this "standard" was coming from - even if it
would come from Mars or from the deep blue sea.

Regards, ULFL