On Jun 17, 2010, at 11:34 PM, Anthony wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:54 AM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:
> OTRS is a horrible system, whereas uservoice is easypeasy.
>
> From whose perspective?  Send an email, wait 3 minutes and 42 seconds,
> receive a response that your issue has been resolved and thanking you for
> your report.  That's my last experience with Wikipedia's feedback system,
> which uses OTRS.  Doesn't get any more easypeasy than that.

Yes it does. You're assuming email, I'm just assuming a feedback button. This
is a moronic discussion anyway because you're not the target audience and
you're not empathising with them either.

> Certainly better than go to http://osm.uservoice.com/ , click on "sign up",
> click on "signup", pick a username, pick a password, type a query, hit
> search, hit "create new idea", hit "suggest it", and maybe receive a response
> one day (I guess I should confirm my email?).
>
> Who's going through the list of suggestions and sending responses to the
> people who made them?

Me!

If your argument against feedback (which you don't know the full content and
depth of) is you don't know what to do with it then you're just not thinking.
What do you want to do, make a way to deal with it first and then see if you
get anywhere? That's totally backward.

Steve

stevecoast.com