2010/7/21 Dirk-Lüder Kreie <osm-l...@deelkar.net>:
> Am 20.07.2010 22:06, schrieb andrzej zaborowski:
>> Because each of us is an author of a little chunk of data and want to
>> have a say in how that chunk is released? (For example as a
>> share-alike fan I want my own personal mapping to influence those who
>> derive from it to release more data so we can all benefit)
>
> Well you'll get a say with or without the SA-Clause in the CT, provided
> you stay interested enough to keep actively mapping to be eligible to
> vote on future changes to another "free and open" license.

As you said, *A provided B*.  If not B then I have no say what license
the data is released under.  I want to at least know exactly what
terms my contributions are published as.  Something I know when I
contribute to wikipedia, linux kernel or apache.  Something I don't
know when I contribute to navteq maps, google maps, facebook, myspace
etc.  I'm annoyed people in osm want to go the way of these services I
couldn't force myself to join.

I have also been doing some petitioning to local administration,
organisations, companies and people in my area to put information that
they have in OSM (think nature reserve boudaries, which you can't see
on the ground) as well as using other people's data with their
permission, in OSM.  I will feel really bad asking somebody to sign
the current CT, I don't think I will dare.

Cheers