Stephan Knauss wrote:
Is there a way to do the transliteration automatically in a consistent way ? According to wikipedia there exist multiple ways
to do so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_transliteration

For each of the transliteration standards, an automated method is probably possible... But Wikipedia cites sixteen different standards, some of them with different focuses, such as phonetic expressiveness, spelling, simplicity, lack of diacritics or teaching. I have not read about any of those methods being more authoritative, so I guess that we have to rely on user input for each named object. On top of all that, Arabic has local variations, sometimes strong and always co-existing with literary Arabic... So I guess that there won't be a substitute to user wisdom.