While I would (naturally) support developing better multiple-language support
for maps rendered from our data, I am very very opposed to providing every-
body with their comfy "virtual" world view.

OSM is about mapping facts, and the fact is that disputed areas are -disputed-. Finding a clear scheme for tagging such situations would be far more the point
than supporting make-believe worlds.

Simon