andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
Assignment of your rights requires a written agreement in some
jurisdictions so there's no talk of that.  Mozilla, Facebook, etc, as
you say, require a grant of the right to sublicense and other rights.

No, Mozilla has no sublicense requirement. And Facebook is proprietary and completely different anyhow.

Yes, of course, I think it is Mike DuPont who said "give away".  But
obviously we're talking about the grant of rights.

Yes, every open soruce license is a grant of rights, as that's the basic definition of "open". If there wouldn't be a grant of any rights, no license would be needed at all, as copyright law in various countries covers not being able to use other people's work pretty well. All we are about is being able to use other people's work, though.

Robert Kaiser