>>>>> "pb" == Pierre Béland <infosbelas-...@yahoo.fr> writes:

  pb> Simon, this discussion was started to discuss about governance. We
  pb> only see examples of problematic imports. But the question we
  pb> should look at is how we can better tune or multinational /
  pb> multicultural organization to adress these problems.  The
  pb> respective roles of local communities and the DWG group have to be
  pb> defined. We should also give tools to the local communities to
  pb> monitor mapping, contact mappers, be able to exchange.  And we
  pb> should not only think of national groups. You sometime have groups
  pb> at regional or municipal levels.

  This issue of governance, the subsidiarity principle, and the manner
  in which OSMF working groups can help local mapping communities to
  improve the map is indeed the fundamental issue. DWG members
  (excepting Frederik) seem to be purposefully ignoring the issue.
  Please stop doing that.

--
Eric Marsden