Am 18.09.2012 18:24, schrieb Richard Weait:
The one account
involved started this little thread was asked to use an import account
three times.  Then they created their import account.
I just can second Richard and Grant:
if a person is contacted three times by any working group and seems not at all to have reacted on their message a three day short block of the account seems to me as a fine and fair method of gaining some attention. So please cool down.

A general statement on the use of a seperate account for bot and imports: this was discussed years ago. And for my understanding the majority of the community agreed on it within the given discussions. As other stated: while the licence change process we very much learned that seperate accounts are a really good idea. So maybe it was not written down in some guidelines, but since years the "imports/bots => seperate account" rule is present and mainly accepted and respected in the worldwide community. The change of the guidelines therefor is only a writing down of the practice used sind long term.

Best regards,
Michael.

PS: I'm not member of any working group, just writing his personal opinion as a long term member of the OSM community (since 2006/2007) and reader of multiple OSM mailing lists (>10) since years.