On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Richard Fairhurst
<rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> Pieren wrote:
>> I thought that such issue is not possible anymore with ODbl.
>
> No, the Contributor Terms simply say "You are indicating that, as far as You
> know, You have the right to authorize OSMF to use and distribute those
> Contents under our current licence terms" (1a).
>
> If the licence changes to one which is incompatible with the import, OSMF
> "may remove Your contributions from the Project" (1b)... and that rather
> requires being able to identify what these incompatible contributions are.

More likely, and more often, what happens is that a well intentioned
mapper uses a source for which he believes he has permission.
Imports, then finds out that he didn't have (sufficient) permission
for the current license.

This has happened many times.  Volunteer to discuss this if you've
done it yourself, but I'm reluctant to point out your mistakes unless
provoked. :-)

What has also happened, when cleaning up the inappropriate import, is
that the user mixed the import with their regular account.  If time
has passed since the import, they often have failed memory of the
changesets involved, etc.  it becomes more of a mess to clean up.

So use a separate account for imports.  And follow the other
guidelines as well.  The guidelines make for a better OSM, even if it
is slightly less convenient.