> The really obvious example of this is the Polish UMP data, which was
> licensed CC-BY-SA and could not be kept post-licence change. If dedicated
> accounts had been used, removing this data would have been relatively easy;
> in reality, it has been (and continues to be) a nightmare. :(

Although I agree we shouldn't forget the past to avoid repeating the same
mistakes but since every cases beeing different, I'm proposing to let local
communities decide what they think is good for them.
Still, I believe every local community is happily discussing it internationaly
to know and learn from other (The french community was, is, and I believe
will), but I wish to correct those guidelines to reflect the entrusted power
we let in local community's hands.

The french community wants a bit of autonomy and be able to block it's own
abusing members regarding the cadastre import and following it's own
guidelines without interferance for third party that we have considered
harmfull both to our community and to the data in the end.

> this approach has proved problematic in the past and I would
> caution against repeating the same mistake.

I hear you well, this is good to remember, we have thought about all that, but
still, we have decided otherwise.

Since I'm not a native british speaker, and although I had access on this very
list to a special "what brit says, brits might think otherwise" could you
translate me your "I would caution against" into something related to my
proposed change ?
- Are you agreeing to self determination of local communities about imports ?
- Are you agreeing to the above change of the wiki while still thinking
communities should really really use a dedicated account, but, ultimetly
could choose not to ?

Or, to make it even clearer, can I commit my change to the wiki without
starting an edit war with anyone, and if no, with what type of wording change
could it be commited ?

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org