:
> What has also happened, when cleaning up the inappropriate import, is
> that the user mixed the import with their regular account.

I agree with that. We can specify in the guideline : "Provide by any
means the possibility to separate imported data and regular
contributions".
Of course, it is better if the identification can be automated
(required for a massive deletion in case of licence change) in which
case a standard source tag is more appropriate than a vague credit in
a plain text user account description.

Pieren