2012/10/18 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Henning Scholland <o...@aighes.de> wrote:
>> Just a question: If I filter all buildings with cadastre-source out of an
>> osm-planet and publish this extract under ODbL it is illegal?
>
> There is no difference between ODbl and CC-by-SA on this point. But
> please, forward your question on the legal list if you wish. FYI, this
> source is used since 5 years in OSM...
> It is strange that each time the question about the seperate account
> is raised, it is systematically diverted to something else.

5 years ago we didn't have the CT which changed a lot. You should also
keep in mind that there is (as far as I found  in the wiki) only
documentation in French, so this might have been overlooked, but I
agree with you: basically also under cc-by-sa it might have been
problematic to integrate data with this special requirement (that the
data must be merged with other data) attached to it.

E.g. it might be forbidden to take a screenshot here and distribute it
(depending on your screen resolution and size):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.463371&lon=1.669331&zoom=18&layers=M

cheers,
Martin