I like the spirit of this, and I think it's a necessary and welcome idea. When
Stamen did the Nike Grid Run project a few years ago, the one place where it
was not possible to display correct attribution was on the TV ads, so a
significantly smaller but still compliant contribution marker would have been
helpful. I think it should be textual though, and in my opinion a memorable
link to more useful information.

What about "osm.org/c" ? Small, obviously a URL, can be easily tucked away in a
corner in the same way as the hammer mark, but when seen it can be acted-on
regardless of medium. /c would redirect.

-mike.

michal migurski http://mike.teczno.com