Richard Fairhurst wrote:
If even Google can't manage to be everything, openstreetmap.org certainly
can't be. Instead, we're at the heart of an ecosystem that allows people to
build their own "everything"s. If the OSM-based "everything" for you doesn't
exist yet, go out and build it.

I'm certainly getting around to the same point of view.
While there are a lot of 'shop windows' to find suitable software, googleplay and other android stores, i-store, linux repositories and even window sources. Searching for OSM or openstreetmap does not give particularly reliable results. Even searching gives a lot of 'miss-information'? So perhaps the starting point is to expand on the long list of links that we do have in a more informative way? We perhaps need to differentiate better services and user software from developer and other tools. A 'router' is not necessarily a 'routing service' and this gets rather messy when you look on the wiki currently?

Mike - I'm not talking about making the front end more 'developer' orientated, but better forward users to other available local portals? One of the things that irritates me with the existing map is that it's not immediately obvious where in the world you are, especially if working from a random link. I think I am looking for a 'location' box which also lists local websites and other versions of the database? I'd include a link to an appropriate routing site as part of the box.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL