> The important part is to understand that the current lack of end-user
> services is not because of lack of knowledge, technology or any thing
> similar, but by design.

Umm, no, not really. It most certainly *is* because of the lack of
knowledge, technology, time, people and many other resources. It is not
easy to provide any non-trivial end-user services based on OSM data -
mainly because there is *a lot* of data. Take any example, like
clickable POIs, better history, routing, search. If anyone wants to take
such services to Google Maps level (so search "just works" for a change)
then it WILL be hard to implement.

Don't spread misinformation that anything is "by design". If there were
people to tackle those hard tasks then would anyone say "no" because
"that's our design"? I don't think so.