Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
As has been discussed before, we are not planning to add intrusive "Are you
sure?" warnings to iD. Such second-guessing disrupts legitimate workflows and turns
away new users, who typically already feel anxiety about doing something wrong.

with that approach (letting the users incidentally damage turn restrictions or
other relations without warning by deleting members or combining them in a
harmful way ) new users will get even more anxious as they will get mailed by
others afterwards.

Relations are fragile and if they are almost hidden for the mapper a warning
should be the minimal precaution (or alternatively don't let iD users do these
kind of edits where relations are involved and would be damaged).

I used to get irritated by what seemed to be unnecessary warnings, but now I'd prefer to see even more of them. I could make a case for an 'expert' switch to disable them selectively, but that would be something I'd probably leave off. Often the warning is a prompt to cross check what one is doing.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL