On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 09:37:50AM +0100, SomeoneElse wrote:
> Florian Lohoff wrote:
> >ANY road should be used for routing - track/service do have an
> >implicit access=destination and should not used for "through"
> >traffic but have no route restrictions otherwise
>
> That may be the case where you live but I wouldn't make that
> assumption worldwide.  I certainly wouldn't assume that a track in
> England without any access or designation tags was publically
> accessible.
>
> Routers have a difficult job to do of balancing physical and legal
> restrictions - there isn't a "one size fits all" answer.  It's more
> of a problem for OSM because commercial datasets for car satnavs
> tend not to include the wealth of paths and tracks in OSM in
> well-mapped areas.

Still - a track may be usable to reach a destination. For routers they
may appear at the end or the start of a route e.g. access=destination
any may not be used for through traffic.

Mapfactor Navigator for Android is capable of exactly doing this - why
arent the others?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de