Lester Caine wrote:
I appreciate that this may not be what you wanted to hear, but as with any big
change, there is likely to be a few teething issues.

Unfortunatly this has now broken many inter site links so personally I'm looking
for a route to retore a more usable interface for those of us who USE the
website as a tool for USERS who have no need to even think about opening an
account !!!

We do normally live in a democracy ... some one person enforcing their view is
not acceptable and this IS now a major hassle for many of my own site links ...
when I select 'view larger map' I expect to get to a larger map not a sales site
:( There SHOULD be something we can add to all those legacy links to make the
site acceptable!

I've just realised exactly why I have a problem with this ...
The old layout was perfect for use as a basis for a 'larger map' when linked to from all of the embedded maps ... it WAS obviously a website for promoting OSM, and had obvious links to do other things rather than simply viewing a 'larger map'. CURRENTLY one is presented with what looks like something that one should NOT have reached ... for general users! ... It LOOKS like you are logged into something and it's not obvious what to do next !!! You are there simply because you wanted a larger map so 'learn more' and 'start mapping' simply don't apply.

This new front page simply does not work on many levels and I hope I'm not the only person who thinks that?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL