On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> However, in the case at hand, it seems that the interest is not to
> improve OSM but instead we're just a vehicle for people to show up on
>
 >the "coinmap", a business directory for bitcoin-accepting businesses.

I don't think we should worry about people's motivations. What's the
problem here? That there are business POIs in OSM that are missing tags. It
doesn't sound all that different to me from any other data quality problem.
Either we fix the missing tags (if possible), or delete them as junk. And
if the business in question doesn't deserve a mention in OSM (eg, a mail
order place with no shop front), again, just delete it.

No?

Steve